ENDING UNNECESSARY EUTHANASIA
Code(RED)Dogs takes a stand against unnecessary euthanasia.
- Approximately 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. Of those, nearly 3.3 million are dogs, and 3.2 million are cats. We estimate that the number of dogs and cats entering U.S. shelters has declined from approximately 7.2 million in 2011. The most significant decline was in dogs (from 3.9 million to 3.3 million).
- Each year, approximately 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized (670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats). The number of dogs and cats euthanized in U.S. shelters annually has declined from nearly 2.6 million in 2011. This decline can be partially explained by an increase in the percentage of animals adopted, and an increase in the number of stray animals successfully returned to their owners.
By quickly finding and screening qualified Code(RED)Dogs adoption families, we can match those homes to a dog on death row, fast. We plan to triple our advertising budgets in late 2020 to reach even more adoption families. No DOG Needs to DIE!
- Providing 10,000 + Partner families signed up to adopt a Code(RED) dog. We plan to triple this number by next year.
- Partnered with 8 high volume kill shelters
- Plan to save 1,000,000 dogs per half-decade